I made pumpkin soup and by popular demand the recipe follows:
K's Pumpkin SoupIn a large pot, whisk together and heat:
- 1 can Libby's pumpkin
- Add 1 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder, cinnamon, black pepper, sweet paprika.
- 1/2 teaspoon each chili powder and black pepper.
- 1 can (12 oz.) Carnation evaporated milk, simmer for a couple more minutes, stirring.
- 10 sprigs parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1 small carrot, halved
- 1 stalk celery, halved
- 3 pounds chicken breasts halves, on the bone and fat trimmed
- 2 cans reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups (half a bottle) of white wine
Use the chicken to make chicken salad.
And, just because it's in the same file, here is my chicken salad recipe: